- It is colorless odorless and clear granulated chemical compound
- Slightly bitter, salty in taste
- Soluble in water and glycerin
- Less soluble in alcohol
- 308 degree Celsius
- Proves to explosive at 537 degree Celsius
- It is obtained by the reaction of sodium carbonate and nitric acid
- Acts as an oxidizing agent
- it is also used fertilizer, glass making and paint industry.
- It has widely use in pyrotechnic fireworks industry.
- in the making of black powder and ceramics coating enamels.