- Lamp black is used less as compared to the carbon black, but because some of its features, it is preferred on carbon black. It is obtained by burning low grade oils just like kohl was prepared using homemade methods in past.
- Lamp black has an important role in cosmetic manufacturing. It is said that it was used in the eyes of Queen Cleopatra.
- Before that, the Roman women also had been using lamp black.
- It is a sharp hydrophobic compound.
- Non explosive – does not catch fire
USES Black pigments for cement, pottery making, ink making, eye mascara, carbon paper, match making, fertilizers, polishes, eye Lashes ,surface coatings