- Cresot oil, liquid pitch oil, Tar oil
- Its color is dark yellow or dark greenish brown
- It is an oil like aqueous crystal compound
- It smells like naphthene and it contains naphthalene and anthracene in it.
- The distillation range is 200 to 400 OC while the flash point is 165 degreeF
- It is soluble in alcohol and toluene
- Insoluble in water
AUTO IGNITION TEMPERATURE
- 1.06 to 1.10
- Obtained by the fractional distillation of coal tar
- Done by rectification
- Technical, crude, and refined Grades are available
- Its smoke and vapors are highly poisonous
- It causes irritation on skin and in eyes
- It is uses to prevent wood from termite
- It is also used in disinfectant compounds, phenyl industry and anti-fungal chemicals.