- Its other names are sodium tetra borate, borax, sodium pyroborate, borax anhydrous, borax pentahydrate.
- It is a white colored granulated powder with a slight salty taste
- Water evaporate when it is heated
- It is soluble in water and glycerin
- Insoluble in alcohol
- Less poisonous and doesn’t catch fire
- It is present naturally but can also be prepared synthetically
- Crystal, powder, pharmaceutical, technical, USP, BP, CP
- 75-320 OC
- It is used in leather industry photography, bleaching agent, herbicides, pharmaceutical, anti-corrosion compounds, detergents, fertilizers, heat resistant glass, paints, laboratory regent, fire proof paper and cloth making.
- It is also used in the following cosmetic products:
- Cold cream, beauty cream, hands and body lotion, vanishing cream, medicated cream, shampoo and moisturizing cream.