- It is very popular chemical and it is present in the form clear colorless crystals.
- It changes its color to black when kept in air for a long time.
- It is odorless compound having bitter metallic taste.
- It is a strong oxidizing agent and caustic.
- It is soluble in hot water, glycerin and alcohol.
- Less soluble in ether
- It loses its form when heated
- 212 OC
- It is prepared by the reaction of silver with diluted nitric acid
- Technical, USP, CP, BP
- It is dangerous for skin and skin tissues.
- Always handle this chemical on wearing gloves.
- It is used in photographic film, invisible lights, silver plating, silver salts, Mirror making, antiseptic compounds, hair dyes and ink making