- It is the famous member of silicate family that is known for its shine and resistance
- Present in the form of very soft and shiny sheets and powder
- 2.6 – 3.2
- It is not flammable
- Can bear heat up to 600 degree Celsius
- Also present in red, brown and greenish yellow color
- It is present in its original form in America, India and Brazil
- Can also be prepared synthetically
- Can cause irritation if gets stuck in throat
- Can also be dangerous for lungs
- Block, sheet and single crystals
- Dry ground, wet ground
- Rubber making, glass and ceramic, filling agent in paints, roofing, boot polishes, mould release agent, insolating paper making, wall paper and wall board joint cement.
- Used in preparing cosmetic products like eye shadows, highlighters, make up stick, beauty cream, nail polish, lipstick, face makeup, shampoo and blushers.