It is popular and widely used oil that comes from coconut. Pure coconut contains 65% oil in it.
- Its color is white and smells like coconut in its virgin form.
- The color of coconut oil is pure white in its frozen form
- To convert one kilogram of coconut oil in to soap, 256 to 264 g caustic potash and 145 g of soda caustic is required
- It contains fatty acids C12 and C15
- 7 to 10
- 25 OC
- Soluble in alcohol, ether, chloroform and carbon disulfide
- Gets mixed in water but does not dissolve
- It is the source of energy in edible form
- Does not get spoiled in its pure form but spoils when comes in contact with water.
- It is harmless and non-flammable
- Many catch fire when heated
Lauric acid, capric acid,myristic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and, caprylic acid
- Crude, refined, salon, manila, Malaysia grad
It is used
- In food products, bakery products, cocoa butter, soap making cosmetics, detergents, emulsions, cotton dying, fatty alcohols and fatty acids.