- It is also known as di calcium orthophosphate, bi calcium phosphate and secondary calcium phosphate
- It is tasteless, odorless crystalline powder
- It is soluble in diluted hydrochloric acid, nitric acid and acetic acid
- It is less soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol
- Non flammable and non toxic
- Obtained by the interaction of milk of lime and phosphoric acid
- It is used in animal feed, bakery products, yeast, as an additional ingredient of food, medicine making and glass production.