- Its other chemical names are black lead, plumbago
- It is a shiny type of natural carbon which that comes from Korea, Austria, and china
- It can also be prepared artificially by heating petroleum coke at 3000 C
- In America, Artificial graphite is used more as compared to the natural.
- 2 to 2.5
- It is flammable and less poisonous
- Powder, flakes, crystals, plates and fiber grades are available
- Boiler compounds, pencil making, carbon making, medicines ,powder cleaning, rocket nozzles, electroplating, cell rings, paint and coatings.