- Its other names are methyl phenol, hydroxyl methyl benzene
- It is a colorless, yellow or pinkish aqueous crystal compound with a phenol like odor.
- 1.03 to 1.04
11 to 5 OC
- I91 0C to 20 0C
- Easily soluble in alcohol glycol, dilute alkali, and water
- Obtained from Coal tar, petroleum, coke and gas work, and tolune
- It is a poisonous and irritating compound that affects skin and membranes
- It is used in the disinfectants, phenolic resin, surfactants, synthetic food flavors, phenyl making, medicines (homeopathy), tooth pain relieving compounds
- It also acts as textile scoring agent .