- It is also known as calcium bi phosphate, acid calcium phosphate, calcium phosphate and mono calcium phosphate.
- It is a colorless shinning powder, starts melting when kept in air.
- Highly soluble in acids and water
- Its aqueous solution is acidic in nature
- 100 OC
- It is non flammable and non toxic
- It is obtained by mixing di calcium or tri calcium with phosphoric acid.
- F-C-C, ceramic, anhydrous, hydrated .grades available
It is used
- In baking products
- As a buffer in food products
- As a mineral supplementary
- Plastic stabilizers
- Glass making
- To retain the pH of malt