- It is a commonly used compound also known stearate of zinc.
- It is white colored hydrophobic powder having stearic acid smell
- 130 OC
- It is soluble in common solvents upon heating
- Insoluble in ether, alcohol and water
- It catches fire easily
- non toxic
- It is prepared by the reaction of sodium stearate on zinc sulfate solution
- It is used in dusting powders, lacquers, ointments, lubricants, filling agent, antifoam agent
- Also used as heat and light stabilizers, medicine, paint making, rubber making.
- This chemical compound is used in following cosmetics:
- High quality talcum powder, compact powder, cold cream, make up foundation, lotion, eye shadow, highlighter, prickly heat powder, shampoo and vanishing cream.