Its other names are:
- Methyl benzene, phenyl methane
- Colorless liquid crystals having benzene like odor
- 110.7 OC
- Minus 94.5 OC
AUTO IGNITION TEMPRETURE
- 536 OC
- It is soluble in alcohol, benzene and ether
- Insoluble in water
- It is obtained by the catalytic reformation of petroleum
- Also obtains by the distillation of coal tar light oil.
- Pure, commercial, industrial and scintillation
- It catches fire and proves to be explosive in nature.
- Also can prove to be poisonous if gets in body through breath or skin.
- It is used in gasoline and hi-octane blending stock, benzene and phenol, plastic toys, making chemical compound, screen manufacturing, color making , production of medicines, perfume making, explosives
- This chemical compound also acts as rubber and vinyl solvent, gum, resins and oils solvent, di solvent in nitro cellulose lacquers, paint and coating solvent.