- Its other names are talcum soap stone and hydrous magnesium silicate.
- It is white, apple green and grey shining powder
- 2.7 to 2.8
- Food, crude, washed, USP, BP, fibrous (99.5% and 99.95%)
- It is non toxic in edible form
- Pharmaceuticals, filler in soap making, as a filling agent in rubber making, as a filling agent in toilet soap, paint making, oil cloth, dusting agent, lubricant, paper making and plastic.
- It is also used in making tailoring chalks.
- Talc is used in following cosmetic products:
- Foundation cream, night cream, compact powder, face and body cream, toilet soap, talcum powder, prickly heat powder, eye shadow, make-up stick, shaving cream, shampoo, shampoo base, and highlight
- It is also used in following form products:
- Insecticides and pesticides
- Food products: fruits and vegetable washing
- House hold detergent: carpet shampoo liquid detergent and dry cleaners
- Metal processing, textile processing, baby shampoo, pharmaceutical products and pet shampoo