- It is also known as sodium metaborate peroxihydrate.
- It can also be known as sodium perborate tetrahydrate
- It is odorless white colored powder with the salty taste
- It remains intact in dry air but loses its form in hot and humid air
- It is prepared by the electrolysis of borax and soda ash solution
- CP, NF grades
- It is poisonous on healling.
- Can prove to be explosive when comes in contact with organic materials
- It is a very strong oxidizing agent
- It is used in textile bleaching, synthetic detergents, electroplating, germicide, mouthwash, deodorant and dental compositions