- It is a striking purple colored compound that gives a blue shade.
- It is odorless and has a sweet taste.
- It is highly soluble in water, acetone and methanol
- Potassium per magnate loses its properties when dissolved in alcohol.
- It is obtained through the oxidation of magnate in alkaline electrolytic cell.
- By treating hot magnate solution with carbon dioxide.
- Available in technical, C-P and U-S-P grades
- It is strong oxidizing agent
- It is also Explosive and catches fire easily and should be kept away from other organic compounds.
- It is a strong oxidizing agent
- It is Also used to kill bad odor.
- Potassium per magnate is also used as bleaching and dying agent
- This compound s also used as an experimental agent in analytical chemistry.
- It is Used as an explosives
- It clears water and air too