other names are picronitric acid
Exist as a yellowish chemical compound
- It is soluble in water, alcohol, ether and benzene.
- It is highly bitter in taste
- 122 degree Celsius
- Explodes at 300 degree Celsius
- It is obtained by nitration of phenol sulfonic acid
- Technical paste and pure paste
- It explodes on heating and striking.
- Harmful for skin
- It used is explosives and match industry
- It is also present in explosive materials
- Medicine industry and ink industry has application of this compound.
- It is used in copper aging.