It is also known as enamel glue, but is more fine than that.
- It is present in the form of white and off white colored powder.
- It is odorless and tasteless with having the granular form.
- Soluble in hot water and glycerin but insoluble in organic solvents
- Photographic, Technical, U-S-P and Food grades
- Obtained from the skin, bones and fiber of the animals
- It is used in photographic film, light filters, printing ink
- Also used in food products, textile, cement and match industry
- Paper adhesive, fruit jellies and medicine cap soles preparation.