Carboxylic acid, methanoic acid
- Colorless with a pungent smell present in the form of fuming liquid
- Soluble in alcohol, ether, and water
- DENSITY: 1.2201
- MELTING POINT: 8.3 DEGREE CELSIUS
- BOILING POINT: 100.8 DEGREE CELSIUS
- FLASH POINT: 69 DEGREE CELSIUS
- REFRECTIVE INDEX: 1.3719
- AUTOIGNITION TEMPERATURE: 600 DEGREE CELSIUS
- It is flammable and a strong reducing agent
- Technical, 85%, 90%, C- C and C- P grades
- It is harmful for skin and eyes. Use protective gloves and glasses when using it.
- It is used as a dying and finishing agent in textile industry, also used in leather treatments, fumigation preparation, insecticide, chemicals, refrigeration, silvering glass, perfume solvent, lacquers and electroplating, vinyl resin plasticizers, oxalic acid and cellulose format making.