It is a white colored granulated chemical compound.
Ammonium Chloride has a strong salty taste. It gives a cooling effect to the tongue when kept in mouth.
It is highly soluble in water in glycerin and less soluble in alcohol.
- 1.543.43 g/cm³
It is prepared by the reaction of a mixture of ammonium sulfate and sodium chloride solutions.
Available in U-S-P, F-C-C,C-P and technical grades.
Proves hazardous when consumed in larger quantity
- Ammonium chloride has vast application in following industries
- Greek medicine Industry
- Explosives and textile industry
- Dying and printing industry
- Food, bakery and fertilizers industry
- It is also used in the preparation of many ammonia compounds and electroplating.